Wednesday, November 28, 2012

California Club Chicken Burgers

I love a good chicken burger and I've had my eye on Elly's California Club Chicken Burgers for quite awhile now. Anything topped with guacamole is sure to be a winner in my book.

California Chicken

I made these for a Tuesday night dinner after my exercise class. I cooked the burgers, bacon and made the guacamole ahead of time so all we had to do was assemble the sandwiches that night. I had leftover slider rolls from when I made the Ham and Swiss Sliders recently so I made these into 8 mini burgers instead of 4 regular-size burgers.

California Club Chicken Burgers
Elly Says Opa!

1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Ground pepper
4 thick cut slices of bacon, cooked and cut in half
1/2 cup guacamole or 1 sliced avocado
4 toasted buns

Lightly mix together the chicken, cumin, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Grill, pan-fry, or broil the patties until cooked through. Top with 1 slice (2 pieces) of the cooked bacon and guacamole, and serve on toasted buns.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet baby Jesus...I need these in my life!!! They look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night also! Excellent taste, will make again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are exactly what I want for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked them! :) We need to make these again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These look so good! I'm going to try them wednesday when my hubby's home- I'll let u know how they turned out! It's interesting there's no egg/breadcrumbs in the meat mix... Wonder if the texture's a lot different? Its my first time to your blog- I googled "blog home cooking":) it looks great- I'll be following! ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!